1. Tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you? What do you do?
My name is Jacob Dandridge. I work on a psychiatric unit for adolescents. I am twenty five years old and have a wife and two kids.
2. Why did you decide to start writing?
I started writing when I was six years old and have never stopped. Writing for me started as a hobby, but now it’s become a passion. It’s where I find my peace. No matter what’s going on in my life.
3. Why horror? What type of horror are you most drawn to?
Why horror? Well, I used to write all genres, but when I found horror, I was hooked. I’ve always loved horror movies, so I guess it makes sense. The type of horror which I’m typically attracted to is sci-fi horror and slasher.
4. Do you have any goals for your future writing career?
My goals for the future is to become better at my craft and develop my own website where people can discover my writing. And of course, be a full time author who can earn a living selling anthologies.
5. What is your favourite story that you’ve ever written? Why?
I honestly don’t have a favorite story that I’ve personally written. I can tell you the funnest one I’ve written so far is Mr. Blood. It was fun to see how realistic I could make it while still trying to make it dark.
6. What is your favourite story that you’ve ever read (NoSleep or otherwise)? Why?
My favorite story that I’ve ever read is It by Stephen King. The way he writes is simple to me, but very descriptive and vivid. Plus, that book has great character development and I’ve always been fascinated by clowns.
7. What do you enjoy most about the NoSleep community?
I enjoy the constructive feedback I receive on each story. I also enjoy the exposure that my stories get.
8. Are there any authors that you look up to or wish you could emulate?
I look up to Stephen King and Tim Miller who is a local author in the city I live in.
9. Have you ever delved into content creation outside writing (narration etc)? Is it something you’d like to try/keep up with in the future?
I have never attempted anything besides writing. I would like to do voice work in the future and possibly start up my own podcast.
10. What are your goals for 2018?
My goals for this year are to complete a story a month, gain more exposure and start up my own website.
11. If you could go anywhere in the universe, at any time in creation, where and when would you go and why?
I’m simple. I would love to go back to the eighties. Simply because that was the decade of the slasher. I would’ve loved to experience all those classics in the theater.
12. What is the most useful piece of technology that humanity has ever created, and conversely, the least useful piece of technology? Why?
The answer is the same for both. The smartphone. It’s the most useful because it has allowed every person access to anything they may need. It’s the least useful because it has made society meaner and lazier.
13. A man starts biting people in front of you. You realise the bitten are turning into mindless zombies. You’re in the middle of town surrounded by people. What do you do?
Find a weapon, preferably a shotgun and a high point to gain a look in every direction to avoid surprise attacks.
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen? Why does that movie rise above all others?
John Carpenter’s 1978 Halloween. That movie is perfect in every aspect. Plus, it’s the first horror movie I’ve ever seen. It will always have that nostalgia factor for me.
15. Promo time! Let us know about you, your writing, where we can find you, anything at all you want to say, here is your space!
I don’t have a website, or any completed book. The best place to find me is on reddit NoSleep. User handle is TormentedTales along with Twitter. Username on Instagram is Tales Of Torment.