Each fortnight I’ll be posting a series of prompts for stories that I’d like to see but not had the time to write myself. If you take any of these ideas and create a story out of them, please feel free to post the link in the comments below! I’ll promote my favourite stories in the next edition of Freaky Friday Horror Prompts.
- A young man wakes up in the middle of the road. He has no idea where he is or how he got there. When he finally reaches civilisation, he discovers three weeks have passed that he has no knowledge of, and there are weird scars all over his body.
- A light appears at the same time every night outside a young woman’s window. Whenever she pulls the curtains back, nothing is there. It’s keeping her from sleeping and slowly driving her crazy. She sets up a video camera to catch what it is. When she watches the playback, however…
- An old woman sends a letter to her dead husband’s childhood address, now abandoned. She fears her time is nearing and wants to get all her memories out on paper. But then she receives a reply…
- A woman has the ability to see ‘stains’ on people. The darker the stain, the more sins they’ve committed. She comes across her old crush on Tinder and agrees to meet up. But when she meets him in person, his stain is darker than any she’s ever seen before.
- A man accepts a new job after being laid off more than a year earlier. But when he shows up to work, no-one is there. The building he interviewed in the day before, the one that was full of life, is now abandoned and has been for a while now. A woman taps him on the shoulder and tells him to follow her. That’s not the way in. When he gets inside, he realises all the window shades are drawn. There’s a reason for that. The woman opens them and he sees the world outside… the world how it truly is. Broken. Ravaged. Overrun by things the ‘real’ world can’t see. They have a lot of work to do, if he’s up to the job.
That’s all for this week! Send me your amazing stories so I can promote them in the next Freaky Friday Horror Prompts!