My name is Tara Devlin. I was born in Australia with predominately Scottish/Irish genetics. I grew up a big fan of X-Men, Nintendo, Xena: Warrior Princess and Resident Evil. When I was 20 I moved to Japan and I lived there for the next 10 years. Japan made me who I am today and remains one of the biggest influences in my life. After briefly returning to Australia I’m now living in Europe with my partner and two beautiful cats.
I’ve been writing my entire life, although mainly for myself. It’s only recently that I decided I wanted to start publishing my works. I’m a big fan of horror, which is the genre most of my short stories fall in, but for larger works I lean more towards fantasy. I also translate Japanese horror stories at Kowabana.net. My dream is to one day make a living off my writing and translating, but I’m also hoping to meet and communicate with other like-minded people, both writers and readers alike.
This site functions as my personal and writing blog as well as a collection of all my works. I’ll be posting here about things I’m working on, things I want to work on, things I’ve finished, progress updates etc.
I hope you enjoy the site and drop me a line if you have any questions or comments!
- I’m a qualified personal trainer
- I speak English, Japanese, basic Dutch and Korean
- I’ve also briefly studied Thai and spoke Mandarin Chinese in high school
- The only country I’ve visited but never lived in is New Zealand
- I left school at 15 because I hated it, worked part time at a fast food outlet and hated it even more so I returned the next year and repeated the grade